There are times when a camera captures something truly awesome. It can be horrific, lovely, hopeful, tragic or uplifting. Today we focus on “touching” photographs from around the world.
1. Daniel says, “Surprise! Will You Marry Me?!”
2. Lucas Hembree gives some love to his service dog, Juno. When Lucas’ father Chester Hembree (former law enforcement officer) was told his son (who suffers from Sanfilippo syndrome) was a poor candidate for a service dog, he saved a Belgian Malinois pup from a Tennessee shelter and trained him to be his son’s helper.
3. A survivor from the Sichuan earthquake in China finds some memories in the rubble.
4. Photographer Matej Peljhan gives his 12 year old friend Luke, suffering from muscular dystrophy, something to smile for.
5. Meghan Voghel carries Arden McMath across the race track after she collapsed during a 3200 metre race.
6. Man’s best friend mourns for his best friend, deceased Navy SEAL Jon T. Tumilson.
7. Father meets his son for the first time.
8. Arnulfo Castorena receives his first gold in swimming at the Paralympics in Mexico.
9. Schoep, an arthritic 19 year old dog is cradled in the water by his owner John. He gradually falls asleep. This photo went viral and raised a lot of money to help Schoep live better until his death at 20 in 2013, and John to start a foundation for pets in pain.
10. Man teaches his girlfriend how to read after she lost her memory.
11. Marc Golczynski’s eight year old son accepts the flag for him after he was killed in Iraq weeks before he was due back home.
12. Volunteer teachers teach underprivileged kids in New Delhi, India.
13. A man does everything he can for his wife’s life.
14. Boy says hello and years later says goodbye to his best friend.
15. Brian O’Driscoll shares his Heineken Cup victory with his fans at the children’s hospital.
16. Helen Fisher kisses the hearse of her deceased cousin Douglas Halliday who died at 20.
17. Specialist marksman Dean Oldt is reunited with his father.
18. Cancer Patient draws her wish in a mirror.
19. Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor feeds an orphaned kitten “Miss Hap” after her mother was killed in a mortar attack in Korea.
20. Nick Vuijicic, born without arms and legs gives new meaning to the word life.
21. German Soldier celebrates his birthday on the plains of Afghanistan.
22. “I did what humans do when words fail them.” German Chancellor Willy Brandt pays respect to the Jewish Ghetto and collapses at a loss for words.
23. A man in retrospect.
24. She has lunch with her husband everyday, even though he has passed on.
25. Terminally ill Mother watcher her daughter’s wedding over Skype.
26. Father-son bonding over the years.
27. Taylor and Danielle Morris push the boundaries of love.
28. 5 year old Tanisha Blevin holds the hand of 105 year old Nita LaGarde as they are evacuated form the convention center in New Orleans following Katrina.
29. Oct 31, 2010. 436 people from South Korea were allowed to visit 97 of their relatives in North Korea for three days at long last after the Korean War.
30. Wu Conghan and Wu Songshi take their first photograph since their wedding 88 years earlier.
31. An NYPD policeman gives his shoes to a homeless man.
32. Malcolm Siobhan weeps after he is drafted in the first round by the Bruins.
33. Brothers in Arms.