Apple’s latest smartphone, the iPhone 4S, has one of most recent innovation in the portable media market; the Siri Assistant, which as explained earlier is like your personal assistant and will do things that a real assistant does.
Siri includes many commands through which you can interact with the iPhone 4S. We have got hold of those commands and they include:
Commands for Contact related Queries
- What is (any name in the book)’s address?
- What is (any name from the book)’s phone number?
- When is my (anyone)’s birthday?
- Show (anyone)’s email address.
Finding Contacts through the App
- Show (the name of contact you want to find)
- Find people named (say name)
- Who is (any name)?
- My mom is (say name of your mother)
- (Name of your brother) is my brother
- Call my (relation of any relative e.g. brother) at work
- Set up a meeting at (time)
- Set up a meeting with (any name) at (time)
- Meet with (name) at (any time in the day or night e.g. evening)
- Set up a meeting about (topic of meeting) tomorrow at (specific time)
- New appointment with (name of person), (any day) at (specific time)
- Schedule a (any topic) meeting at (time) (day) in the (specific place)
Rescheduling a Previously set Meeting
- Move my (previously set time) meeting to (new time)
- Reschedule (my appointment/meeting) with (name) to next (new date) at (new time)
- Add (new name) to my meeting with (name of the person already in the meeting)
- Cancel the (any pre-set topic) meeting
Inquiring about Events
- What does the rest of my day look like?
- What’s on my calendar for (any day)?
- When is my next appointment?
- When am I meeting with (specific name)?
- Where is my next meeting?
Using the Alarm through Siri
Setting up Alarms
- Wake me up (tomorrow/the day after etc.) at (specific time)
- Set an alarm for (any specific time)
- Wake me up in (any amount of) hours
- Change my (any pre-set) alarm to (new time)
- Turn off my (any pre-set time)
- Delete my (pre-set time) alarm
Checking the Time
- What time is it?
- What time is it in (specific time)?
- What is today’s date?
- What’s the date this (any day)?
Using a Timer
- Set the timer for ten minutes
- Show the timer
- Pause the timer
- Reset the timer
- Stop it
Using Email through Siri
- Email (any name) about the (specific event)
- Email (name) about the change in plans
- New email to (name in address book)
- Mail (any name or relation e.g Mom) about the rent check
- Email (Name) and say I got the forms, thanks
- Mail (name) and (other) about the party and say I had a great time
- Check email
- Any new email from (any name) today.
- Show new mail about the lease
- Show the email from (name) yesterday
Replying to Messages
Reply (name) “sorry about the late payment”
Checking Up on Friends
- Where’s (any friend’s name)?
- Where is my (relation e.g. Mother)?
- Is my (anybody) at home?
- Where are all my friends?
- Who is here?
- Who is near me?
Using Maps through Siri
- How do I get (name of place)?
- Show 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino California
- Directions to (anybody’s) work
Finding Local Businesses
- Find coffee near me
- Where is (name of shop e.g. Starbucks)?
- Find some burger joints in (any city)
- Find a (gas/store etc.) within walking distance
- Good Mexican restaurants around here
- Tell (anybody in the contacts) I’ll be right there
- Send a message to (anyone in the contacts)
- Send a message to (any person) saying (specific message)
- Tell (any person in contacts) the show was great
- Send a message to (a contact) on his/her mobile saying I’ll be late
- Send a message to any number such as 497 555 7860
- Text (contact) and (contact/friend) where are you?
Reading Text Messages
- Read my new messages
- Read it again
Replying to Text Messages
- Reply that’s good
- Tell him I’ll be there in (amount) hours
- Call him/her
- Play (name of song)
- Play (name of Artist)
- Play some (specific genre)
- Play my (name of Album)
- Shuffle my (name of) playlist
Creating and finding notes
- Note that I spent (amount) on lunch
- Note: check out that new (name of thing)
- Find my restaurant note
- Create a reading list note
- Add (contact/friend) to my reading list note
Making Phone calls
- Call (contact/friend)
- Call (contact/friend) mobile
- Call (contact/friend) on her (home/work) phone
- Call (say full number)
- Call (place)
- FaceTime (contact/friend)
- Remind me to call (contact/friend)
- Remind me to call my (contact/friend) when I get home
- Remember to take an umbrella
- Remind me take my medicine at (time) (day)
- Remind me to pick up (any specific thing) when I leave here
- Remind me when I leave to call (contact/friend)
- Remind me to start/finish the (any project) by (time)
- What is (company)’s stock price?
- What is (company)’s PE ratio?
- What did (company name) close at today?
- How is the (company) doing?
- How are the markets doing?
- What is the Dow at.
Checking the Forecast
- What’s the weather for (specific day)?
- What’s the weather for (day)?
- Will it rain in Cupertino this week?
- Check next week’s forecast for (specific city)
- What’s the forecast for this (specific time)?
- How’s the weather in (city) right now?
- How hot/cold will it be in (city) this weekend?
- What’s the high/low for Anchorage on Thursday?
- What’s the temperature outside?
- How windy is it out there?
- When is sunrise/dawn in City?
Looking up information on the Web
- Search the web for (anyting)
- Google (name of anything)
- Search Wikipedia for (anything)
- Search for news about (anything)
Using Wolfram Alpha
- How many calories in a bagel?
- What is an 18% tip on $86.74 for four people?
- Who’s buried in Grant’s tomb?
- How long do dogs live?
- What is the Gossamer Condor?
- What’s the square root of 128?
- How many dollars is €45?
- What was the Best Picture of 1983?
- How many days until Christmas?
- How far away is the Sun?
- When is the next solar eclipse?
- Show me the Orion constellation
- What’s the population of Jamaica?
- How high is Mt. Everest?
- How deep is the Atlantic ocean?
- What’s the price of gasoline in Chicago?