iPhone 5 To Be Released This October As Apple OEMs Begin Production?

iPhone 5 To Be Released This October As Apple OEMs Begin Production?

Already tired of reading about the leaks and rumors related to the supposed release date of the next-generation iPhone which are somewhat contradictory and baseless at times? Well, if you are fanatically waiting for the release of the iPhone 5, you might not have to wait longer than you are supposed to.

Macotakara, a Japanese Mac site, recently came out with reports that OEM manufacturers of Apple are already in the middle of production of iPhone 5 units slated for a launch this October. Foxconn, which reportedly will assemble 85% of the devices, joins Pegatron which will take care of the remaining 15% of production are already hard at work to ensure that the iPhone 5 is ready for its launch by the early parts of October.

In the same report from Macotakara, it has been reported that the iPhone 5 units are stocked without the usual packaging since Apple is not ready yet to install iOS 5 on the completed devices. This can be attributed to the fact that iOS 5 is still in the final stages of beta testing and Apple is taking its time to ensure that this latest iteration of iOS is as bug-free as possible before it gets installed on the devices.

apple, iphone, iPhone 5, iphone 5 launch, iphone launch, rumor,

As for the legitimacy of the reports from Macotakara, the site has a 50 – 50 reliability when it comes to predictions concerning Apple products. One of the bigger misses in terms of Apple predictions is when the site broke the news that the iPhone 5 will hit the shelves in August and the next generation iPhone will be SIM-free.

This time around however, the report from Macotakara seems to be as on track as it can be. This actually correlates nicely with an earlier report from last month that alleges Pegatron to start iPhone 5 shipping this September. The information also seems to be in line with a recent leaked document from Best Buy that claims that preorders for the iPhone 5 will start this week.

Not only that, this report also complements the fact that pre-sales of the next-generation iPhone have already been started by Deutsche Telekom. To lend more credibility to the report, it has also been recently reported that a secret Best Buy location is getting a mysterious “Apple fixture” to be installed on the store by October 21.

If the reports from Macotakara are to be believed that Foxconn and Pegatron are already in the process of mass-producing the iPhone 5, the release of the device is already forthcoming. If however, you take this report and correlate it with all the other independent reports mentioned above in addition to the fact that the Wall Street Journal has already reported that Sprint will get the iPhone 5 and that advertising agency TBWA / Chiat Day is already working on TV spots for Apple’s new iPhone, then it is just a matter of time before the eagerly-awaited iPhone 5 hits the shelves.

[via AppleInsider]