Most people use the terms laptop and notebook interchangeably. Laptops and Notebooks computers are not the same, there are significant differences between the two. It is important for you guys to be aware of the differences, which might help you buying a laptop/notebook.
Notebooks are designed to provide portability and offer all the computing power which mobile users requires for work and some leisure pursuits. The level of miniaturization involved comes at a cost and high end notebooks can prove to be quite expensive.
- 4 – 5 hour battery life
- No internal floppy drive
- Minimal graphics subsystem
- No internal DVD or CD system
- 12″ – 14″ TFT screen
- Integrated modem and network connection
- Smallest possible keyboard
- Low power consumption Celeron/Centrino or Sempron style processor
- 14″ – 17″ TFT screen
- Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics subsystem.
- Internal DVD-ROM or DVD-RW drive
- Large full featured keyboard
- 3 hour+ battery life
- Integrated modem, network, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities
- High quality integrate audio and speaker system
- Low power consumption, high performance Intel Centrino style processor
- Notebooks offer reasonable power and extreme portability.
- Laptops are designed to be capable of replacing an entire desktop PC and can also provide desktop performance in a mobile platform.