8.Guangzhou International Finance Center, China
The building is situated in Zhujiang Avenue West in Tianhe District at Guangzhou, China. The construction started in 2005 and is expected to finish this year (2010). First 66 floors will be used for office purposes, floor 67 and 68 will be used for mechanical equipment whereas 69 to 99 will be used as hotel. 99th and 100th floor is observation deck and the lobby of hotel is at 70th floor.
- Height: 440.2 meters tall or 1,444 ft
- Roof height: 432 meter or 1417 ft
- Floors: 103
- Completion: Will be completed in 2010
- Floor area: 285,000 m sq (3,068,000 sq ft)
- Designed by: Wilkinson Eyre
- Topped-out: 2008
7. Willis Tower, United States
The building is situated in Chicago, Illinois. At its time of construction it was the tallest building in the world (in 1974) surpassing World Trade Center in New York. Former name of the building was Sears Towers which in 2009 was changed to Willis Tower. This building is currently the tallest building in America and 5th tallest free standing structure in the world.
In 2006 seven men were arrested by the FBI. Their plan was to destroy this building. They were sentenced to 13 1/2 years in prison.
- Height: 527 meters or 1,30 ft
- Roof height: 442 meters or 1,451 ft
- Floors: 108
- Elevators: 104 elevators with 16 double decker elevators
- Floor area: 4.56 million sq ft
- Completion: 1974
- Designed: Bruce Graham