The world is a beautiful place in more ways than one.With the number of people living on earth growing exponential, there’s no room for cities to expand on the ground, especially in the big overcrowded areas, and that’s why architects are planning many ways of expanding through the air. No, we’re not talking about flying cities, just about skyscrapers which are architectural and engineering marvels that rise hundreds of meters into the air, overlooking all others. 😀
Here is a list of the Top 10 Tallest Buildings of the modern world.
10. Jin Mao Tower, China
The landmark supertall skyscarper is situated in Pudong, Shanghai, China. The tower features offices, restaurants and observation decks. At the time of completion it was 5th tallest building in the world by roof and 7 th tallest by pinnacle height. Jin Mao Tower is a part of Pudong skyline and is right next to Shanghai World Financial Center.
- Height: 421 meters or 1,380 ft
- Roof height: 370.0 meters or 1,214 ft
- Floors: 88
- Floor area: 278,707 m sq
- Completion: 1998
- Designed by: Skdimore, Owings and Merrill.
9. Trump International Tower & Hotel, United States
Trump International Hotel and Tower also known as Trump Tower Chicago and simply Trump Tower is named after its owner Donald Trump who is a real estate developer. It is situated in downtown Chicago Illinois. This condo-hotel sits adjacent to Chicago river and has a four or five star rated restaurant & it includes,from the ground up, retail space ,spa, a parking garage, a hotel, and condominiums and is currently the tenth tallest building in the world.
- Height: 423 meters or 1,388 ft
- Roof Height: 356 meters or 1170 ft high
- Floors: 96
- Completion: 2009
- Estimated cost: USD $ 847 million
- Floor area: 2,600,000 sq ft
- Designed by: Adrian Smith of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. Bovis Lend Lease