8. The Serbian Mafia
The Serbian mafia operates in more than ten nations including Germany, United States, United Kingdom, France, Macedonia, Norway etc. They are involved in diverse activities like drug trafficking, smuggling, contract killing, protection rackets, gambling and gen thefts. It has three major groups called Vozdovac, Surcin and Zemun which control the smaller groups. Presently there are about 30-40 groups working in Serbia.
|Territory||European Union, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro,Macedonia, Norway.|
|Criminal activities||Arms trafficking, Assassinations,Assault, Attempted murder, Auto theft, Bank fraud, Bankruptcyfraud, Blackmailing, Bodyguardingservices, Bribery, Car bombings,Contract killing, Drug trafficking,Extortion, Fraud, Human trafficking, Infiltration of Legitimate businesses,Infiltration of Politics, illegal gambling, Insurance fraud, Jewellery and Gems theft,Kidnapping, Legitimate businesses, Military corruption, Military Equipment smuggling, Money laundering, Murder, Police corruption, Political corruption,protection racket, Racketeering,Tax evasion, Theft, Witness intimidation, and Witness tampering|
Israeli Mafia works in a lot of countries in activities like narcotics, drug trafficking and prostitution. Times have changed as the Israeli mafia was once looked at with awe and known for its patronage but today they are ruthless and don’t think twice about killing by standers. The Russian-Israeli Mafia has permeated the US political system so well that the US forces are failing to make any significant progress in stopping them.
- 11 August 2002 – Alleged Netanya mobster Felix Abutbul was gunned down in his casino in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 11 December 2003 – A bomb at a money exchange shop, aimed at Zeev Rosenstein, kills three bystanders and injures 18 but leaves Rosenstein unhurt.
- 1 August 2004 – A grenade aimed at a casino owned by Asi Abutbul in Prague, Czech Republic, injures 18 tourists.
- December 2004 – Raanan Levy was stabbed and killed by Netanya crime figure Francois Abutbul, son of crime boss Charlie Abutbul, outside a night club in Netanya.
- 31 October 2007 – A school in Netanya had been torched, allegedly by one of the organized crime groups in Netanya, school computer equipments were stolen and probably sold for cheap in the black market.
- 11 July 2008 – Yoram Haham, one of Israel’s best known criminal lawyers, was killed in a car bomb explosion in Tel Aviv. Haham had represented Asi Abutbul.
- 28 July 2008 – During an assassination attempt targeting associates of the Abergil crime family on a beach in Bat Yam, a gunman accidentally kills a bystander while she was spending time with her husband and two small children.
- 8 September 2008 – Gunmen wound Charlie Abutbul and three bystanders in an attack in Netanya.
- 12 September 2008 – Gunmen on motorcycles try to kill mob figure Yotam Cohen in Netanya.
- 18 November 2008 – A car bomb kills mobster Yaakov Alperon in Tel Aviv.
- 3 July 2010 – Three restaurants in Netanya called “The Farmer’s Daughter” (Bat Ha’ikar) belonging to reputed crime figure Francois Abutbul, were set on fire at midnight.
- September 2010 – Charley Abutbul almost gets killed by assassins again, he survived, and this time there was no injuries.