Samsung has finally released details of its Galaxy Tab 7-inch Android tablet.The iPad has enjoyed a long period of being the only game in town when it came to tablets, but that’s about to change now.
The Android-based tablet will let you connect to the web via a 3G connection or 802.11n Wi-Fi, and it’s got both a front- and rear-facing camera, which is something the iPad is seriously lacking. This will allow it to do things like augmented reality and video calling, things one expects to see made possible in the next version of the iPad.
- Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
- Weighs 380 grams
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
- 4,000mAh battery
- 3G data / voice (there’s a speakerphone and Bluetooth for phone calls, but no earpiece)
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11n WiFi
- Standard back color is white, carriers might offer different colors
- Full HD video playback
- There’s a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and docking accessories.
Price & Release Date:
There’s no word on pricing or an exact release date, but Samsung does say it’ll be released “in the coming months”.
Here is the official commercial of Samsung Galaxy Tab:
See more info on Samsung’s press release: Press release