We have been covering tweaks and apps for iOS since quite a while, and the Android users have been left out. Well, we are back with a wonderful little app, which will be the best solution for heavy users of pc as well as their Android phones, as it would help them to manage it directly from their pc. The app is AirDroid.
AirDroid is a fast, free app that lets you wirelessly manage & control your Android device from a web browser over-the-air.
AirDroid simply lets the manage your Android directly from a new tab in your browser.
The things it lets you do are,
- Files: Transfer files between Android devices and computers. Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.
- SMS : Read, send, forward or delete SMS messages.
- Applications: Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.
- Photos: Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard text between PC and phone.
- Contacts: Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.
- Ringtones: Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.
- Music: Play, search, import, export, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones.
There are a very few requirements to do all this stuff from a tab in your pc’s browser.
- Your Android and Pc should be connected to the same Wi-fi network.
- Your Android must be running Android 2.1 or later. We are sorry to say that Ice Cream Sandwich is not yet supported.
- For best perfomance, Chrome 12 or later or Firefox 3.6 or later are recommended. IE is supported, but it will not give the best results.
That is it, they are the only requirements for this app. And the best thing about this app is that it gives you a pretty simple and beautiful interface. You can check out a screenshot of this app given below,
The last thing to discuss is that, “What is the price of this app?”. We have the best answer possible for that question, it is completely free of cost. So get this while it is free, before the developers decide to price it.
Download link for AirDroid. [Market link]
Once you install it, just launch it and it will display a link to you. Enter it in the search bar of a tab of your favorite browser. It will display a box like this,
Just insert the password which is displayed in the app in your Android, and you are taken to a nice looking menu displaying all the stuff you can do and all the information about your Android.
Like this app? Don’t forget to give this post a thumbs up and this app a 5 start rating.