Adobe has released their first ever ‘Adobe Reader’ app for iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch. The app does not contain any new features that weren’t available through third party applications but still it is nice to see Adobe taking part in the ever growing iOS app industry.
Adobe Reader is the global standard for reliably viewing and sharing PDF documents across platfoms and devices. Easily and efficiently access the widest range of PDF file types—including PDF Portfolios, password-protected PDF documents and Adobe LiveCycle rights-managed PDF files. Now available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Adobe Reader offers fast, high-quality interaction with PDF.
View PDF files
• Quickly open PDF files from email , the Web or any application that supports “Open In…”
• View PDF Portfolios, PDF Packages, annotations and drawing markups
• Read text annotations such as Sticky Notes
Access encrypted PDF files
• Open and view password-protected PDF files
• Access files secured by Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management, which helps protect sensitive documents
• Supports the highest grade of PDF encryption, up to AES256
Interact with PDF files
• Search text to find specific information
• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file
• Select single page or continuous scroll modes
• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
• Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails
• Select and copy text from a PDF file to the clipboard
Print and share files
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint
• Share PDF files with other applications using “Open In…”
• Email PDF documents as attachments
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Czech, Polish and Turkish
The software promises to do everything it does on the computers. You can view saved PDF files or files from the internet, search files, add bookmarks and also print your files if you happen to have AirPrint capable printer. The app is also capable of reading AES256 Encrypted as well as LifeCycle Rights Management files.
Adobe Reader is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.2.5 or later.
Download Adobe Reader app from here.
Share this post