Apple has released software update (iOS 4.3.3) to fix the much talked iPhone Location Tracking bug. Apple faced a lot of criticism over the issue — iPhone and iPad secretly tracks user’s location and saves it in device’s cache as well as in a hidden file which is copied to the PC whenever computer gets sync with device.
The update comes after Apple last week, promised to release a software update to fix the location tracking issue. The notable changes in iOS 4.3.3 are:
- Reducing the size of the cache
- No longer backing the cache up to iTunes
- Deleting the cache entirely when Location Services is turned off
You can update iOS on your device by connecting it to iTunes and then clicking “Download and Install” for Mac OS X or “Download and Update” for Windows.
You May Also Like:
- iPhone With iOS 4.x Secretly Keeps Record Of Everywhere You Go
- This Is Why Apple Keeps Track Of Your Geo-Location
- Apple Officially Answers Questions About iPhone Location Tracking
Share this post